View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 09:10 AM   #33

Lowering your bike, shorter rear shock method

Here is the thread in the Dual Sport section about lowering the Templar X. I thought I should add a link to this thread to the resource guide so it is easier to find.

I added the lowering mount position on my Blue 2022 and a 1/2 Templar X before I sold it, and this thread has the photos from that process. I will probably do this with the 5 speed X this Winter, and dialup maybe a 1/3 inch of compression to stiffen it up. But I will just drop the bike a couple of inches, not 3 to 3-1/2 inches. To do this, I will drill the new hole closer to the original lower mounting position.

Note: If you have the entire shock/spring out, free from the bike, you can use a drill press and get the new mounting hole exactly where you want it, and square across the TWO forks. This is important for lining up for re-installation, but also for smoothe lower linkagage movement. It is a 10mm bolt, so a 10mm drill bit is best.

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31860

To remove the shock for this process, I will drop it out through the linkage area. As I mentioned a couple of posts back, this is an easy way to remove the rear shock.

Last edited by Thumper; 09-26-2023 at 12:58 PM.