View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:38 PM   #4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Great pics and congrats on your new bike! My wife and I ride almost every weekend and we'd love to meet up sometime. We're northwest of Denver near the foothills.
One of these days I'll get brave and drive across the metro area and head west. One of my coworkers refers to I-225, I-70, and I-270 as the "thunderdome," and if you're a local and you've seen the movie, you know why! When I wanted to ride my T-dub in the mountains, I loaded it on the back of my truck and hauled it across town, and then rode when I got to the hills. This RX3 inspires confidence, however...maybe I'll be brave sooner than later, anyway.

Quote:
Thanks for posting your initial impressions, and the beautiful photos. The blue bike looks great, even if orange is fastest.
It seems that the consensus is that the orange is fastest, and red has more torque, so I guess blue seems to go best with the amazing blue skies we enjoy about 340 days out of the year here in Colorado...yep, I'll go with that!

Quote:
I highly recommend the Shinko 244, and Kenda K270 tires. After 11,000 miles, its time to replace my Kenda, K270 front tire, because of uneven wear. Next time I will flip the tire after 4,000 miles, and extend the mileage even further. Amazingly, the Shinko, 244 rear tire still has usable tread after 11,000 miles, thanks to the superb cush drive on the rear wheel.
Sounds good to me-after putting new tires on my wife's car this spring, I'm pleasantly surprised at how relatively inexpensive motorcycle tires are. Too bad they don't sell them at Costco, though!

Quote:
I'm surprised Arapaho County DMV is having any issues. We other Colorado owners had no problem getting our plates immediately. Weird.
I wish you could go to the DMV twice in a row and get the same answer. I'd guess that it's a little more laid back in Gilpin County-the average time I've had to wait down here in Arapahoe is 2-2.5 hours, and it's a pain! Makes me think it might be time to move to a more rural area, for sure. I got a call from them saying I can come get my plate, and I don't even have to wait in line this time, though, so I'll be interested to see if they came up with the same vehicle make abbreviation as the rest of the counties-kind of awkward if they're all different!