View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #5280

hello hello, long time no see
I've missed out on the best riding weather the southwest has to offer thanks to a surgery on my foot...but happily I finally got clearance to stick my foot in a boot and take my bike for a ride....in fairness, I didn't say motorcycle...but I've asked about motorcycle riding before...

In any case, I was a bundle of nerves, and my boot doesn't fit perfectly right now (I needed to take the insole insert out and replace it with a thinner one because the instep of my foot has changed and the first metatarsal is still sensitive to pressure) this combined with the foot being weaker left me less confident since I can't flat foot the bike (it's my shifter foot). Shifting wasn't smooth, due mostly to getting used to positioning my foot correctly again relative to the shift lever.

It was a short ride, but it was so nice to be back out and reacquaint myself with my bike, even though I was nervous about it.

Based on how nervous I was feeling I suspect I'll have to rebuild my confidence with local rides to reacquaint myself with my bike...and hopefully I'll be able to continue on without another delay (there is a possibility they might have to do a surgical correction, but I'm trying to ignore that right now and focus on continuing to regain my strength in that foot/leg)