View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntender View Post
The idea with the oil was that it might deal better with bigger clearances, like a thicker oil may do. This oil doesn't seem to do that. It's more experimenting than anything. Also, where I live, the chance of temps getting down to freezing is very small, but it can get warm, about 35 Deg C, or 95 Deg F, hence this type of oil.

My biggest problem is I'm not totally convinced about the reliability of these bikes, so the idea is to preserve the engine. I don't think I've exceeded 7000 RPM in 900 miles from new. I've owned a different chinabike, an overhead-cam type, and that seemed fine in over 23000 miles. But hey, that's me, I worry about stuff going wrong.
Ok, i can see that thought... I have always been of the opinion of the manufacturer says to use a certain weight thats what i will use...LOL thats all...

As spud has said these bikes are quite reliable given you keep the nuts and bolts tight...and i agree with WaG...they punish the snot outta fhese engines across the pond... I have no qualms about revving mine to 8-10k rpm routinely...i rev it til it dont want to go no more...LOL