View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
...Too small clogs the holes, too large allows the mud to clog the cooler. it might just take some experimentation.

I still like the cooling ducts.
The radiator duct fender is indeed, a "cool" idea. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Weld. I wish I could see one in person; it would help me decide if I like the way it looked on my XR650L motorcycle.

I think I now realize how the scoops work! :idea: The forks pass the fender in the middle of the scoops. However, the forks don't completely block the air scoops; the forks merely reduce the size of the hole in the air scoops. The air exits the rear of the scoops, and is deflected downward toward the radiators on either side of the frame.

It would appear the size, and placement of the fork scallops is critical. I'm not sure one of these fenders designed for a Honda CRF would fit my XR650L. :?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894