View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #2

I may not represent the majority opinion, but here is MY opinion.

The bikes are strong, and will take you wherever you want to go. Fabulous bikes.

Parts for these bikes when they break is the decision point.

I bought 2 a year ago, and found it took too much away from my riding time to deal with the hassle of finding replacement parts. If you have multiple bikes to ride it would likely be less of a problem.

My worst experience was finding sprockets for the rear. It is impossible if you want to get your ratio anywhere near 3.8 or higher. I had to order blanks sprockets after looking for weeks and consider machining them myself. I could have ordered custom but they were all aluminum and shipping to Canada is silly expensive.

I also had a hell of a time finding a replacement oil drain plug. I was fortunate to find a local Honda dealer who would help me. We guessed and he ordered them in and they fit!

Broke my rear brake level... did not even try to find a replacement. Just MacGyver'd it.

Most mechanics will not work on these bikes, I even had a guy on craiglist refuse to touch it. If you can't maintain them yourself, then IMHO they are not for you. I did find a local deal who was also a mechanic and he was able to fix my problem which saved me from replacing the engine for $500+.

Again, my opinion others will likely have difference ones.