View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichrisbot View Post
I'm glad someone mentioned the needle bearings, I'm having trouble tracking down the rubber bushings from my normal chinese parts websites. Also neither RPS nor CSC list these bushings as standalone parts on their parts diagrams, they look to be an integral part of the swingarm (although you can buy a new swingarm for around $60.)

However, knowing that this bike is a clone of the Honda NX250 or NX125, I found there are several bushing/bearing kits that are compatible with them:
http://www.dscmoto.com/products/swin...1988-1990.html

Do you think these would be a safe bet?
But I'm still all for just finding some relatively inexpensive rubber bushings if I can find the right size.
I personally prefer Oilite Bronze Bushings with oil cups, but those urethane bushings work well - better than rubber. Problem with rubber bushings is they are vulcanized to the liners. So you've got TWO potential things to go wrong - the vulcanizing breaks down, or the rubber disintegrates. Needle bearings do not work as well as bronze bearings in any application in which the parts do not rotate, only swing through a small arc.