View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #2

Continued

Awkward rear brake pedal has been straightened and reshaped as shown. The anti-skid cover installed.
$8 for two+free SH
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-aluminum-brake-Pedal-Pad-cover-anti-skid-brake-pad-cover-motorcycle-accessary-For-Yamaha-for/32711084462.html?
Original cover is a little wide. Needs 1/4 inch cut.

------------------
It's been mentioned here that MSR longer shift lever scrapes the shoes. I fixed it by installing large diameter electrical heat shrink tubing.

Later I found much better solution with this cap. $1 each+free SH on Ebay

------------------
The canister is mounted in different and more stronger way than usual. With this approach it resides within external dimensions of the bike and less susceptible to damage in case if the bike falls on the left side. Both plastic brackets have been removed and replaced with a steel plate.

The bottom of the canister bolted to the bent helmet lock base (I don't use the helmet lock).

Don't forget to drill new drainage hole as shown and to seal the old one.

------------------
Measured battery drain current with the ignition key in ON/OFF position. This is a helpful reference point for possible electrical troubleshooting. Battery is fully charged, all electrical systems have no problems. In my case with all signal lamps in the cluster replaced with LEDs, it measures 122.8 mA with the ignition key in ON position and 0 mA in OFF position.

------------------
This is a stand I made. It is very easy to take bike off the stand, just push it ahead.

------------------
Ignition key and trunk key are conveniently assembled. No more scratches around ignition lock.

------------------
Plans for the future upgrades:

Install windshield
Install voltmeter
Install +5V USB adapter for smartphone and GPS
Modify the seat as shown. I am sick and tired of squeezing my balls on the front of the seat.