View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #4

In case that's a new language to you, unscrew the cap at the top of the carb and withdraw the slider assembly. You'll see a slot down one side of the slider and that's where the cable is routed. Compress the spring with one hand, and you can pop the cable out.

There will be a clip or disc in the top of the slider that must be popped out, which will reveal the top of the needle. Remove the needle and you'll see the clip that is in one of (likely) five grooves. Note which groove is in use.

I press the open end of the clip down on a hard surface, while holding the closed side with a finger to pop the clip off. That way, it doesn't disappear into another dimension. If you move the clip down one notch, you'll add fuel sooner. if you move the clip up one notch, you'll lean it out a bit. Give it a go, take some pics along the way and tell us what happened.

Please take care to put the slider back in properly; if it is 180 degrees out, the throttle will be wide open. Note that the slider has a small notch on one side at the bottom. That notch (which resembles a small ramp) lines up with the idle speed screw.

Have fun!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer