View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Now the first carb you linked isn't really any different from the standard Keihin clone that comes on most of these bikes. They have the same 30mm bore, and 26mm choke. They both utilize the same plate style choke, and if you sit them side by side you would be hard pressed to tell a difference. There is no performance gain from that carb, and the only reason many of us even use the Mikuni is because our stock Hawk carbs have a goofy pilot jet that can't be changed, and a needle with no tuning adjustments.
When watching a few youtube videos, people who installed them said the bike ran smoother, and had a more stable idle. This is the area where I am interested in improving.

Quote:
If you would rather just get the Mikuni, then I can give you some rough jet sizing suggestions based on my experience with the CG250, but it will still likely need a slightly different jetting setup.

Before I can really make any suggestions though, I need to know your altitude.
This would be great, from what I was able to find it looks like I'm at a wopping 69 Feet.

Quote:
Did the brake fluid flush change the feel of the braking? As in, make it more responsive?
I didn't drive the bike before I flushed the brakes, but I did have some air come out. The front, and rear brakes feel pretty solid. When I drove around the neighborhood they seemed to work and feel great.