View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
I'd imagine the snowbird influx in Yuma also causes traffic and a strain on the infrastructure? As well as a revenue influx.
We are fortunate that the snowbirds tend to 'flock' in area known as the Yuma Foothills about 10 to 15 miles east of the city. They come into the city, but haven't been too bad the past few years. Money does not follow them, but people in your line of work seem to do quite well treating them I think that Yuma is affordable for many (top of the heap mentality from many of the snowbirds as to demand that the city and its businesses bow down to them) which answers my questions I had when I first moved here in '04 wondering why they don't go to places like Phoenix, Tucson, San Diego, Palm Springs, etc. Because they can't afford it is why! An example of how cheap they are--west of Yuma, the next metropolitan area is El Centro, Calexico, Imperial which are the small city comprising the Imperial Valley. There are virtually no snowbird places there because it seems no one that way wants or needs their pennies

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard