View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 09:30 AM   #23

Just purchased a battery on ebay. I did not realize this was the (in)famous Txpowersports as in this thread. The listing was for a specific part number, which I looked up, and it was $1 cheaper than another listed from them with different 'headline' text.(listing caption at the top).
Anyway the battery showed up without acid. Useless.
I messaged the seller, and their response was 'the battery was listed as dry'.
My response was it was the same part number as another listing with different listing text, but the same part number as the battery 'kit' which does come with acid, etc.
Response was again 'listed as dry'.
Off to ebay complaints. Noted the part number was not the same as on the box.
Done. They lost. I won.
Cost them a few bucks, and I certainly would have paid the extra buck for what I needed, but I had checked the 'Item Details" and it matched the other listing.
They tried(lamely) to denote the battery was without acid by stating
"All batteries except BSX are shipped dry." Yes. True. So that means the battery
will be shipped dry, just as expected, but says nothing about acid.
Another vendor selling the same product indicated, in RED letters on a YELLOW background that this particular listing was "WITHOUT ACID". Txpowersports tried to
sell their useless without stating what they were really shipping.
I made the mistake of figuring their listing headline was the same thing, but listed so as to appeal to specific buyers. For example "Honda CRX battery" could be the exact same battery as "Yamaha Doodie battery", and if you knew that, you could save a buck or two buying the one with the different header and get exactly the same battery. I was wong, but their listing was deceptive. And it cost them, at least one time.
tom