View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #6

2LZ, it's hard to tell from the pic what the colour was originally. It looks like it could have been gold, but might also have been red.

I have the same bike, although it's missing the bolt-ons. I gave it to my buddy, and we plan to build a kinda sorta brat out of it, replete with the CG200 from my Lifan. It probably won't have fenders and it's likely to have a flat seat that extends to the end of the subframe, which is about the middle of the buddy seat in your pic.

I was shocked when we removed the tank and found that it was actually red underneath. I thought it was a gold tank, but that is just patina. The inside of the tank is remarkably clean, so we intend to just smooth out and clear the patina.

My version had the 21/18 wheels, so we're lacing some old 18" DID aluminum rims on, front and rear. We've already picked up a pair of DOT Pirelli trials tires for it. I'll be sure to start a thread when there's something to show.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer