View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #10

AWESOME 2LZ thanks for sharing. That Yamabanger 2 stroke engine design was around a long time and was super tough. My first two bikes was Yamaha 2 strokes of that variant. First was a GT80, then Dad had a 1979 DT100 sitting in front of the Christmas tree one year. I lost my marbles when I woke up and walked in the living room and saw that pretty white bike with a red stripe down the center of the tank. The bike had oil injection that worked fantastic. I rode that little bike all over the place out here it had tons of miles on it. My Dad used to tell me "make sure you come home to eat, boy". On a ride one day I lost the piston, burned a hole right in the top of it. My Dad said it was no big deal even though I was devastated. He went and had my cylinder machined and came home with it, a new top end kit, and a manual. And said Get to it. I was terrified 12 years old and rebuilding the top end on my bike. Dad stood watch, but I did it. He made sure I put the rings on right, and the piston was installed correctly but he never put a hand on a part, just gave instruction. I had so much pride the first time she barked again after I put her back together. I learned so much in that weekend and that started my passion for wrenching on bikes. I rode that little bike all the way until I graduated from High School. Even though I had faster toys (YZ125) (YFM350) there was just something about taking the little 100 out for a spin that she never really got neglected. I sold her right before I went off to basic. I regret it to this day.