View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #1

Not the best fix but seems to work...

So I've been battling this issue with the chain rubbing the frame when the shock decompresses:

This is a really poor design on these "Peace" models. The chain is on the inside of the swing arm where on the Linhai models, the chain is on the outside of the swing arm so it doesn't rub anything.

Eventually the chain is going to rub a hole into the frame. I cannot seem to find a stiffer shock that won't decompress as bad as the original.

On my Tomos TX-50, the shock was either busted or weak and the muffler would rub the rear tire:

Luckily I found this shock on Ebay with the same eyebolt to eyebolt length which is much stiffer and prevent this.

So the only thing I could think of to do on the Peace ATV was to replace the rear shock with a 12" long turnbuckle with 3/8" eyelet holes. I used some flat washers to center it.

I adjusted the turnbuckle to where the chain does not rub anything.

Both ends of the turnbuckle does move up and down a bit..

You would think this the ride would be harsh but because the rear shock compresses so much, the difference in the ride is not that much different.

The shock was pretty much bottoming out anyway. I'd still like to find a stiffer shock if possible. I realize this bike as not designed for an 160 lb adult and an 80 lb child...