View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANY View Post
Just be sure the title(MSO) reads "Motorcycle" and not "Dirt Bike" or you won"t be able to register it.
I live in Arizona, so no problems with that, no matter what the MSO has written on it, LOL

These bikes appear on the EPA/DOT certified on-highway for 2016 list, so are certified for 49 states. Certain states, like your neighboring one, New Jersey, refer to bikes that are EPA/DOT certified, on their own web site, and continuously add to the list of vehicles they will title and plate, so these should appear on that list.

The Hawk, on the other hand, could be hit or miss depending on state. Those bikes appear on the EPA list of certified 'off-road' bikes. Some MSOs are fudged and state 'motorcycle', and certain states who scrutinize MSOs will plate/title them, but there seems to be a growing list of states that go by the certified EPA/DOT list for 'on-highway' vehicles, and will not plate/title Hawks, i.e New Jersey. Some people are finding that their state used to plate bikes based on minimal street equipment (which the Hawk will easily meet), but no longer do so, which appears to be the case for Georgia. New Jersey won't plate them because they do not appear on the EPA/DOT list. I think New York had a loophole for them at first, but caught on and no longer plate them.

I just wanted to clarify what you stated so people can understand that the Brozz should not be a problem to plate in every state but Calfornia, and the Hawk will have problems in many states. I do know that in some states, such as Connecticut, there are issues with plating vehicles if the vehicles are sold directly by mfg., such as Tesla. Those states want a dealer or at least a dealer license for mfg to sell vehicles directly. I am not sure if one of our members ever resolved her issue with her CSC Zongshen RX3 in Connecticut, but I guess if CSC is interpreted to be the US mfg of record (perhaps those states go by importer/distributor), and no dealers are in place, then CSC will have (or did if it is resolved) some issues in those states even if they are certified federally as on-highway--those states are the oddball exception, however, and I am pretty sure a mail-ordered bike like the Brozz, ordered via a retailer, such as Motobuys, will not fall into that category.

New York should not have had issues, as was your case (issues as far as the dept of motor vehicles registering/plating a bike goes).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard