View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #1

New UK Skyteam V-Raptor 250 - Laser Tag

In another post, I mentioned you could get a lazer pointer that projected a red line when you applied the brakes. I couldn't resist and bought it from eBay.

Today, after dealing with all of the emails and projects I have on the go, I manged to finish by 1400 so took the bike out for a nice 30 mile ride along the back roads. The engine is definitely freeing up and it pulled up to 50 mph without seeming to work too hard. I think it is going to need a sproket change at some point in the future as I was running out of gears - a common problem on dual use bikes - but that is for another day.

Feeling enthused, I got the laser pointer out and looked to see how hard it was going to be to fit.

Unwrapping. It is about 1/2 inch diameter and 3/4 inch long

The front twists to align the beam, not obvious, I thought I had a wobbly one.

Looking up under the fender, I found the wiring for the rear light - here you can see where I temporarily wired the laser into the circuit to check it.

Here you can see where I placed it to see how well I could get the beam to display

This is it mounted on top of the rear light unit. It is stuck with 3M double sided tape and I drilled a 1mm hole through and inserted a couple of self tappers.

Here is the beam. It was very sunny today and the beam can be seen about 6 ft aft of the bike.

I tucked all of the wiring away and cable tied everything securely. There is a little box about a 1/2 inch square in the wiring of the light so it wasnt possible to simply drill a small hole to feed the wire through so that is tucked up within the light support.

I will try and get some photos when it is dark.

Jeff
Velocettes (various)
Piaggio's / Honda's / Yamaha's
Raptor . . . . the List Goes On . . . .