View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 04:56 PM   #567

Hello, China Riders!

This is my first post. First, I thank Jerry for his YouTube videos and others for their posts and information. On the basis of all the information you generously posted, I bought a 2022 KPX 250 in December 2023 from Venom.

I have put 2,000 miles on my KPX 250. I wanted to share my opinion and ask a few questions.

I am a trail rider, as opposed to a motocross rider. I am 50+ years old and have owned 20+ motorcycle over the years. I am pleased to report that I am very satisfied with the KPX 250.

The performance of the KPX 250 including power and suspension, is very good. The features and equipment all work out of the box and continue to work 2,000 miles later.
To my surprise, the stock tires are very good in deep sand, gravel, loose rocks, and pavement, though they cannot handle mud. I would buy another set of the stock tires without hesitation.

The gearing is PERFECT for the power. 1st gear crawls up anything at a snails pace. 6th gear runs 72 mph GPS verified without a tuck.

I get lots of compliments on the KPX 250 appearance and I like the way it looks.

I have had only one mechanical problem. My head gasket joint leaks the tiniest bit of oil in the front left side over the course of a few hundred miles. Venom has sent me a new head gasket in case I need to install it. Before I would replace the gasket, I torqued the head bolts to the max specification, 30 NM, to see if that fixes the leak.

I get about 75 miles to the gallon so I can adventure far and wide on a tank of gas. I can go highway speeds to get me to the area where I want to ride off-road. Heck, even the seat is comfortable, so I can ride all day. I have been over 8,000 feet climbing mountains and negative 280 feet in Death Valley on the KPX and it performs very well.

My one complaint is... the too long clutch and brake levers. I see a post about someone who tried to replace them with aftermarket ones, but had to machine the clutch lever to make it fit. Does anyone have a bolt on replacement for the KPX 250 levers?

Thanks! I am glad to join this forum!