View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #48

I have numbered drills all the way up to 80, which are very useful for determining mystery jet sizes. Once you find the bit that fits the jet, you can measure the bit with a vernier caliper to determine the jet size in mm. Mikuni jets are sized in mm, but Keihin jets have their own measurement system. The numbers they use are about 10% larger than the mm measurement.

Since you backed the pilot mixture screw out to three turns, it doesn't point to a slow jet that is too big. The choke helping things also doesn't point to a too-big slow jet. Rather than move the slider clip from top to bottom, I encourage you to move the clip one groove at a time and see if it gets better or worse.

I've had terrible luck with those filters. I like foam pod filters the best. The type I use has an angled neck and is normally priced at around $7.00 USD including shipping. The carb I use accepts a 42mm pod filter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer