View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 06:15 AM   #5

I enjoy putting these bikes together. They usually need rerouting and rearranging controls and control cables/wires. If you have a can of pure silicon lube, it's great for the throttle cable. And make sure the cable is routed with least bending possible.

The small nuts and bolts are the ones that fall out most often. Things like the nuts that hold on reflectors, tail light ass'y, etc. But definitely get blue loctite on things like caliper mounts as well. Check every single threaded thing you can find.

You got EFI so no carb rejetting, but you are right about the valves. Can't remember if it's pushrod or OHV. I think it's pushrod, so about .003" intake, .004-.005" exhaust clearances (+/- a thousanth). OHV clearances can be tighter (~.002" and .003", respectively.

I warm it up for a minute and drain the oil. But some folks drain and refill with good oil first, then change again by ~100 miles.

If you plan any significant amount of off road use, think about more knobbyish tires. Those dual sport tires will go sideways pretty easy.

You are in for some fun !