View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 04:14 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
Only ~3 weeks away. I can hardly wait.

Got my spares, tools, and gear sorted. Did a dry run packing everything on the bike. My commutes in the mornings on the RX3 and KLR have been frosty so I'm ready for some warm sunny weather and some fish tacos!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...gs-closes-i-70

Hope they get this mess cleaned up quickly. They should have two way traffic (one lane each way) open by Thursday but not fully repaired for a month! I'm sure the construction delays will be substantial. It will add a couple hours to the drive to CSC for anybody driving West on I-70.

I still may opt for the Southern route depending on weather that will also add a couple hours to the trip.

Still hoping to bring back a TT250. Fingers crossed.

Rojo
We will most likely see huge swings in the weather while we are Baja. In the mornings before we cross into BCS (Baja California Sur, the lower half of the Baja peninsula) it will be cold. Once we cross into BCS we'll be approaching the Tropic of Cancer, and it will be most likely be hot and humid. It's likely we'll encounter rain, too (in 25 years of riding Baja, I've only had one ride where we had no rain...that was on the last CSC ride). You'll want to have rain gear. The only real weather challenge is the morning fog that sometimes occurs due to the marine layer. When that happens, we'll just wait it out. I've seen it so thick I couldn't see the road below me.