View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I got some ride time in over the holidays. I took my bike out Saturday and did a WOT run and cut the power then coasted to the side of the road. Pulled the plug to confirm it was running lean. So I drove back home and swapped out the 110 jet to the next size I had. a 115. I took another WOT run and pull over to check the plug. Looks like I will be close. I wish I had a 112 or 113 in my pack of jets to try. I may have one missing as I had two 100 jets. Top speed is still 74 mph (GPS) but gets there a whole lot quicker. Removing the cat is the best mod so far on this bike. I'm liking my Hawk more and more every time I ride it. I think I'll order an adjustable CDI with no rev limiter because I'm defiantly hitting the rev limit.
Getting an adjustable CDI unit is probably a good idea. I don't agree on the rev limiter. The rev limiter is on there to protect the engine from when the rider misses a shift, or the chain breaks. It is set at 1000 rpm higher than the power peak. On the other hand, if you are hitting the rev-limiter in high gear, it's too short geared and you need to change sprockets.