View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC View Post
Do you have any experience to confirm this??

This is contrary to what the CSC guy told me, but to be honest, he didn't seem to have any specific knowledge of it either. His only reference was to other brands of MCs where they had to use some plastic over the cap to try to create suction within the tank because the cap lost its seal. He also referenced fuel injection and how cars throw a check engine light if the gas cap is loose- thought in my experience they still run fine with gas cap loose/off, they just have terrible gas mileage due to the fact gas fumes are constantly escaping.

Only fill the tank half full, use duck tape or a compressing strap, and it would be under my magnetic tank bag to keep a little pressure on it. I could manage quite a while on that. Will just have to avoid going off-road for a while until I get a replacement shipped.

Though I think prying upwards on the cap might cause the lock to damage the tank, so that a replacement cap/lock wouldn't be useful at all.
Yes I do. About 30 years of working on motorcycles and many other vehicles including aircraft.