Thread: RE Scram 411
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Nice bike, I wish there was a nearby RE dealer so i could check out something like this in person.
They're an amazing bang for the buck.

I was down on RE for the longest time. "Under-powered for the displacement and weight". I mean, 25hp out of a 411? Really? Then I bought the Interceptor 650. Compared to other 650, it's grossly under-powered at only 47.5 horse. My V-Strom had about 70 and it's considered slow these days. Then I rode it.....

What RE has done with their bikes is maximize the TYPE of power, as opposed to pure numbers. Every bit of the available HP is completely usable, which also maximizes MPG and motor longevity. These things have been proven bullet-proof. My 650 is listed at 70MPG....and for a bigger bike, it sips gas compared to my old VStrom.

The 411 motor may not have tons of gusto, but again, the power curve is maximized. It will do 70mph on the freeway, all day. That's enough for me and where I live. Plus, again, it sips gas at a listed 90 mpg. That's right there with a 200cc Hondoid.

Also, RE has made one the easiest-to-work-on bikes I've ever wrenched on. EVERYTHING is accessible. I did the valve check on my 650 in far under an hour. My entire 300 mile service took me less than two beers. I was almost disappointed.

Anyway, really looking forward to playing with the Scram, both on its back, and with wrenches.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350