View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceDrake
Lots and Lots of 1 post Wonders. Hmm. Too bad. The "Where they're built" piccys were pretty cool.

Dear Ma and Pa...
--Vince
Hmmm.... Perhaps there is more to this story than is available from the posts I've seen.

First, I can completely understand the suspicion toward a dealer trying to capitalize on someone else's hard work running a forum, using them as free advertizing for their own benefit. Maybe Doug went over the line on the self promotion part. Maybe other dealers have tainted the regulars here so much that no dealer will ever be welcome. But shouldn't that be the official policy then?

I bought my ATV from Doug well before he ever showed up on this forum. When I was looking for ATV's here in California quite frankly I had almost given up. To use an ATV in California it need to be approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), and of course most imports don't meet that requirement. It was really cool to finally find someone who actually sold CARB approved ATV's, even though it was 90 miles from my house. I drove there to look, bought one, and have been very happy since. When I crashed my ATV and needed repair parts his prices were 1/2 off the nearest web competitor, and they were in stock.

A couple weeks ago my next door neighbor (who was almost spending more time on my quad than me) bought one from Doug as well. This time when I went with him to buy it I actually met Doug. He is a heck of a nice guy. I would have no qualms recommending him or his store to anybody. This coming December, when I want to get another quad for my wife, I will certainly go back to Doug's store.

Tiger Tamer was very nice to me when I posted about my ATV crash. He is a nice guy too. That is why I am so puzzled about the animosity that has sprung up.

I hope I'm not fanning flames. It is not my intent. I've actually held off speaking up since I'm kind of new here. I'm just puzzled by the controversy. Are dealers welcome or not? Am I the only one that is wondering why the hostility?

Oh well. I've said it. And I guess I should also make it clear that I have no association with Doug other than being a repeat satisfied customer. I appreciate all comments, good and bad. I don't take things personal.

Lynn Edwards