View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #45

I had issues with Tim yesterday, another reason for yesterdays 100 mile ride after work listed in the Rpoc thread.

Understandably, he's bent about not being considered for the move but his attitude may force him out the door sooner than July 31st. He got mouthy with me and I made him sit his skinny butt in my office and gave him every reason he wasn't picked to go.

In no particular order:

Never on time.

Used more sick days than the rest of the shop combined.

More than once, begged others to take over travel assignments because he didn't want to go. Sometimes didn't even make an effort to make travel plans before asking someone else.

Told several times to get proper winter gear and never did.

Took 'hissy fit days' when called on the carpet.

On the phone arguing with wife/ex-wife/current girl friend(all one and the same)during work hours.

Working on 'lunchtime projects' during work hours.

Bullied Dave(He only did that once and I threatened to kick his ass from one end of the building and back if he ever did it again).

Does not always play well with others. (Scared of me, though)

The nail in the coffin, so to speak, was welding. When talk first started about getting into manufacturing, he was told to look into becoming a certified welder. He has great skills and we would pay for his training. He did absolutely nothing with it.

I told him most of that other stuff would have probably been downplayed if he'd gotten the certificate. Heck, if he'd gotten the certificate, he'd probably be running the new weld shop.

Then I hit him with this. "You plan on starting your own business, would you hire you?" I probably made him madder but at this point I really don't care anymore.

Dave, on the other hand, has accepted it and is doing his job. Just smoking more than he usually does. Jason, I, and a couple of the sales reps have been networking on Daves' behalf and already gotten him some interviews with potential employers.

My friend in Accounting is still hurting and I'm a bit pissed that hers was the only position in the Accounting Dept. that was cut. She said that Wednesday was the highest high and lowest low she ever experienced in one day. She was told her dick of a boss was canned and a few minutes later, so was she. She did agree to hit a bar for a couple of beers after work today with Jason and I.

Starting next week, I'm pretty much out of the shop for the next several weeks. I'll probably be in the office every other Friday just to do paperwork. I think towards the end of April, I'll be spending a lot of time setting up the new place.

Those of you that live in SC, there will be a state wide announcement March 28th, regarding a French railroad equipment manufacturer setting up shop in your state. They'll be hiring.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts