View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
After a quick check to make sure everything was tight, I decided to go for a quick test ride around my plan, and to get some petrol. I ended up riding 10 miles around some back roads.

It's been a while since I experienced a carbed bike (since my MSF, actually!) and it took me a little while to get started in the 39F weather, but I got there and it was rumbling along happily.

This bike is extremely easy to ride. If it wasn't so tall (I'm 6'3" so I really like it) I'd think it would be a perfect starter. It has a light clutch, beautiful manners and is very kind to the rider at low speeds.

I'd cleaned the rotors on the advice of this forum. I knew the brakes would be weak at first, and indeed I'm glad I took her round the plan first. It reminded me of new sintered pads on my ninja; when they're out of the box they have as much friction as Rico Suave in a lube factory. They came in soon enough though. Nice firm lever pressure, too.

Couldn't get a neutral to save my life; I expect that will improve with a little time. I also had occasional difficulty getting into third, but again I think this is just everything mechanical settling in.

Downchanges are like butter. I find them easier than any bike I've ridden, and the engine makes such a satisfying little toot on rev-matching. In fact, throttle response is damn nice full stop.

I like the tyres. That surprised me. They're progressive and give pretty decent feedback, and that's on a chilly, greasy back road.
So far I love it, and I can't stop staring at the damn thing as it sits on my patio...
What a great write-up!
Yep, very friendly bike to ride. Nice looking. I like the extra bling they did like the stainless allens, switch gear and LEDS. It is hard to stop staring at it, especially once the beers come out.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350