View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 11:34 PM   #1

Hey, from Nashville

Hey, y'all, Kendall from Nashville, TN here. I just put a deposit on a 2020 CSC TT250. This forum was a big part of the decision to buy the bike. I appreciate all the info, feedback and mod recommendations. Can't wait to get it.

I grew up on dirt bikes, but have been riding street only for decades. I ride a few gravel roads occasion, but nothing too gnarly. My current bike is a 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050. She's amazing, the best overall bike I've ever had, but she's a bit heavy and squirely on dirt roads. I'd pretty much decided I needed a solid dual-sport bike to satisfy my urge to explore a little more offroad, and have seriously been looking at the CRF250L, KLR650 and a few others in the genre. Most of the decent used KLRs I found were still over $3500, which feels expensive.

I ran across the CSC TT 250 online, but dismissed it at first. Then I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and realized it's a capable bike. Google led me to ChinaRiders and I read everything I could. The price seems like a steal, and the bike's exactly what I'm looking for.

Looking forward to being a part of the forum, it reminds me a lot of the Blast sub-forum on BuelForums back in the day. I got a Blast in 2007 and loved it. The poor little bike gets no respect, but with the right mods, it's a ton of fun on a twisty road. There were a bunch of us guys doing some crazy mods to their Blasts, it reminds me of the stuff y'all are doing to your china bikes. I love tinkering and modding a bike, can't wait to get mine.

I finally pulled the trigger on Saturday. That morning, I had my Tiger out in rural Middle TN and got on a dirt road that was a bit wilder than I expected. After 4 creek crossings (which she actually handled OK), I was postive I needed something like the TT250, just needed some cash. Then that afternoon, I got a $1000 unexpected bonus check in the mail! Looks like the universe wanted me to order it, and even the wife agreed too.