View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 12:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
more pics??
Soon for sure. I've been on vacation having a blast in Florida, although one of the few things I miss sorely from Connecticut is my motorcycle! I just got home a few minutes ago, it's after midnight here now and I'm bust today (saturday) but I will definitley be riding Sunday, maybe even ride it to church! And I will be sure to post some more pics of the Vader, I still have to put on the front wheel cover/mudguard, also the chainguard, and the under engine cowling on my Gen 1 Vader--I wanted to ride it so bad that I didn't bother with these last few body parts! I also really like how the under engine cowling looks, but I know the cowling will get dirty and probably scratched since it rains decently here in CT every few days which causes there to be dirt and tiny pebbles on the road constantly that get kicked up and are wet and stick to stuff so that is another reason I haven't put the under engine cowling on...but my engine does have a tiny bit of dirt starting to collect on it so I will be sure to add that part soon. The bike has maybe 80 miles on it so it is starting to feel like it is riding better than when I first got it by being smoother thru the power band, maybe has a little more power, shifts up and down smoother plus neutral is getting easier to find--especially when the bike is running after I come to a stop--- I am very happy with my purchase--for now--eventually I want it to have some more power but even stock it is a decent bike to learn on, it's very easy to handle and quite easy to manuever so I don't regret my choice one bit--every different bike has different characteristics and this bike is good at being a small bike with a cheap price while still having decent build quality and I think it could last a long time with the stock engine although I may rebuild it or replace it or even sell it way before I can wear it out--but only time will tell the reliability and I am ready to post honest updates about all that! A shout out and thank you once again to KronikRacing.com out of SoCal Simi Valley for hooking me up quickly with the best price on a brand new Gen 1 Vader. they are knowledgeable and the best at hooking you up with performance parts after being the best at selling you a new bike!

I also have a list of mods I'm putting together such as ordering a new carb and possibly rejetting the PZ20 that came stock before that. Going to see what I can do with the stock exhaust or order a new one and an air filter. Plus I am talking withKronik to see exactly what parts they will sell me as well as someone who sells performance parts about ordering a big bore kit from them. I am really not sure as to the timeline of all these mods since I am moving, maybe in the next few months and maybe to Florida so unfortunately the motorcycle will have to take a backseat to all that, although I still make sure to ride it almost everyday, even if I only have time late at night after taking care of business all day!

As always be safe, have fun, and ride on! Sometimes there is nothing greater than jumping on your bike, forgetting everything other than riding and controlling your motorcyle to as perfectly as you can--shifting at the right time and smooth--feeling the engine spin faster as you crack the throttle wide open or bring it up slowly, down shift, engine brake and corner like the bike is glued onto precision twisting rails, feel the freedom, the wind...
....with nowhere in particular to go I realize the ride is the destination as I explore our great nation from sea level to high elevation I feel elevated elation. It's the Great Escape from trepidation; an art form in the school of relaxation as I ride away from drowning degradation. I see another biker come my way and offer subtle salutation. I pass by a pedestrian who shows salivation at my ride & I stop and say "Riding is salvation! Buy yourself a bike and get congratulation! Pop a wheelie for a standing ovation!" The man replies " I can't afford a bike!" in frustration. I said,"GO on ChinaRiders.net for advice and they will help improve your situation!" I rode away with a grin on my face then

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 05-04-2019 at 09:14 AM.