View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemortede View Post
Right now I think I am looking to just get it running as is.
I have other bikes for my kids and was planning to use this as something that my wife can putter around on.
I have been digging around on line and think I am getting close to the parts that I am looking for. Are there any good parts sites that are in english? Has anyone ever had issues ordering from the Chinese websites (CC fraud, items not arriving etc). Are there sites to avoid?

As to the tank, I had considered swapping the tank out. I am decent with fabrication and customizing parts and I had thought about going that route.

I am getting the very distinct impression that I need to purchase a caliper to measure the parts I need to replace to find the right ones.
I've purchased a ridiculous number of parts on eBay with no issues. I've also made a few bulk purchases on Taobao with good results. I haven't yet used AliExpress, but I certainly would. Those are likely to be the only sources I would use.

An inexpensive vernier caliper is a terrific investment. Grab one from HF.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer