Thread: Coleman CT200U
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 11:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
That was a great episode. I saw it too.

The steel needs to be ordered this week to extend the frame. The frame will be triangulated at the neck and at the rear rack. Steel for the new brake mounts will be included in that order. I'm thinking about making a guard for the header. It will be wrapped with heat wrap but a little extra insurance would be nice to have. I have no desire to burn myself on it. Some steel mesh that I have would look great on it too. Sort of like the old Tote Gotes. I'm fiddled with the idea of adding a jackshaft, to gear the bike down for climbing hills. That can wait, along with the front suspension and suspension seat. The most important thing is getting it ready to ride. I need it for hunting season.

SamM
Sounds like it could end up being quite the rig when it is finished. One thing i have been looking into is rebuilding an old Honda Trike into basically a larger version of a mini bike. Either that or getting an old trike rolling chassis and extend it to be a utility vehicle similar to the old John Deere AMTs (Predecessor to the Gator). Would not be difficult at all to make a spare trike axle into a floating tag axle.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)