View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
Urg. Gas siphoned out, fuel filter changed. Forgot to inspect the pump sock, fresh premium fuel added.... still no go. The old fuel filter definitely had gas in it as it leaked all over me when I pulled it.

It starts using starter fluid sprayed down the air intake so I’m now guessing it’s the injector.

Thoughts?
I'll second pyoungbl's suggestion. This will both confirm the injector is OK or clogged, while also verifying that it is electrically being commanded to fire by the ECU.

If you're not comfortable with removing the injector, you can still test the electrical signal from the ECU to the injector, this will at least verify that the ECU is commanding the injector to fire. The easiest way is with a "noid" light. It's just a small bulb with electrical pins that matches your fuel injector connector. They sell them in sets at auto parts stores for $20-$30. Plug one in that matches the pin spacing of your fuel injector connector and try to start the bike. While cranking, the noid light should blink on and off, confirming that the ECU is OK and is trying to feed fuel to the engine.

If it doesn't blink while cranking, then you have another issue apart from the fuel system; however, since it runs on starting fluid, I suspect the fuel system. You either have a clog somewhere, or an electrical problem with the injector.