View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #1

QLink XP & XF 200 Models ..... HP Tuning.... Tips Ple

I am a dealer in Sacramento CA that sells the QLink 200 Models. I have seen some great stuff on how to get the most out of these motors.... but want to see more.
There was a guy with a propper Dyno and got 20+ hp out of a XF200. There was a bit of info, but not all. I would like to see a full breakdown of what has been found so far to acheive this number. Here is what I have seen so far.....

Slip on FMF Turbin Core Muffler.... Problem: For What Year, Make, Model, and what is the part number? Was this a direct bolt on, or did you need to make any cuts or welds?

Stock air box was just as good as any aftermarket filter systme. OK... that's easy to follow.

Drop the carb needle to the lowest slot: This gets confusing to many.... Drop the needle, or the clip? I assume you mean put the clip on the lowest ring of 5 possible..... bringing the needle up higher?

Use a 127.5 Main Jet: This is easy.... but how about the Idle Jet? If this is not also enlarged, often there is a imballance, and it will idle not so well.... or have a crummy transition from low to high RPMs.... I just want to be sure we are all on the exact page. On 200cc engines, I usualy use a 42-45 idle jet.... So I am hoping to get the exact numbers.

Air Injection: Did you take it off?

Was there anything else you did to this motor to get 20+ out of it?

Does any one else have any sugestions? Thanks.... oug [img][/img]