View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 02:16 PM   #49

Doh! 2022 Templar 250 M, bought new in March 2023

[QUOTE=Fast_Freddy;389714]This is a collaborative effort that will be updated as new information becomes available. Please contribute what you can and leave discussion in other threads. We want to keep this thread limited to Templar 250 spec's, facts, useful info and links. Thanks to everyone in advance for your contributions!

I bought the wrong NGK Iridium plug (DPR8EIX-9). It's longer than the OEM. I just ordered some OEM plugs. I could not find NGK DPREIX-9 (iridium). Maybe NGK discontinued it, or maybe it's a typo here, Idk. Also, my M rear shock is not the same as the X. There's no room to drill another hole. I've tried to put compressors on it to remove/replace it, but you can only get 1 on and it looks sketchy. I'd like to be able to get on it without Jackie Channing my leg over it. I'm definitely replacing the carb. The stock one is poorly adjusted. It spits and sputters and stalls. Also it makes the exhaust turn orange, when warming up. I can still start it and ride, but it uses a lot of fuel with it backfiring or whatever. I wish there were a dealer or shop that would work on it near me. There used to one, within 10 miles. None anywhere now. The Jap shops won't touch it, save for one place that will replace tires, etc. Any help/advice is welcome and appreciated. All I can find on here is tons of stuff about the X. I should have gotten it, but changed my mind at the last minute. I just had to have a kickstart.

Last edited by Twowheeler; 04-25-2024 at 12:08 AM.