Thread: And here we go!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
American Lifan is apparently a subsidiary of Lifan in China. I know the TGB scooter importer and his nephew, and the nephew told me this information. The nephew is friends with Tony Sun, the president of American Lifan.
I seriously don’t care who you know but that’s a fact. If American Lifan who claims to be as big as the actual company headquarter Lifan Co. Ltd. in China they wouldn’t have their bikes in pirate websites and that’s a fact. Txpowersports is not an official motorcycle dealership. People like Txpowersports are more likely to run away after they sell you something and not honored their warranty. Hell they even gave me a hard time when they send me a broken seat for the GTO and I posted the video of me unboxing it not calling myself my real name on YouTube but a different unpopular channel for them to see to send the replacement.

And I’ve been screwed by countyimport, powersportsmax on honoring their yearly warranty on bikes I’ve purchased. Specifically Wayne who claims that he works at Lifan as if Lifan is the actual Lifan that’s in China. And the model on the pirate websites that they sold that’s called Lifan V16 is not epa approved. These dealership cannot sell anything more than 250cc. So they renamed it as “Master” on the title of origin and the Maker is Qipai, while on the tag it shows the importer but the actual bike has no symbols of Lifan what so ever. There is parts that carries the symbol Lifan like the filter side plate and that is sold separately.

In more research the model Master is often found on their KP series, while one of their model would in fact got epa approved, they pretend that “Master” model is bigger engines but not more than 250cc. May be to get away with export cost.

And news flash I can import bikes from China from Alibaba, I chose not to do it, because of the schemes that goes around the Port.

To add more, company names are done differently in the US than in foreign countries. People can pretend to carry a name but not legally is that company and if I would try to fool someone I’m Lifan of course I would sell their products. Because I can get my hand on them with tricks, but how reliable would I be in the near future with customers that purchases these products? When in all I’m not really into business long standing but just looking to get buy making some sell volumes.