View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #1869
Banned

Mindset of tester riders before, during, and after ride...

I'm not sure you been thanked for getting these certified, and importing them, and making them available to us buyers at IMHO, a great deal, especially us in the first adopter group of initial bikes.
I've been looking for a few yrs for a suitable adv ride, all in the 250cc range. Had decided the Wr250 was best compromise for me (6'4" and back then 230-240 lbs), now less by about 50-60 lbs, still needing the "space" though. I still couldn't make #'s work, even used, with the 3000 needed to use the bike as an adv and offroad/boonies bike safely.
This bike seems perfect, and INCLUDES the mandatory upgrades from a std dual sport, is new, and still cheaper than 2008 used bikes (the first efi'ed wr250, & the oldest that would do what I wanted that has EFI.)

The fact it comes with a few $thousand up specing ADV stuff already on the bike, and therefore even more good to go, and, upping the value quotient even more. I hope we can get an evaluation of the luggage before delivery. That will help those who are trying to figure out space and packing, planning on doing Baha, and or a ride home.
Do you use/recommend a "loop type bag or? for your "stuff" on longer adv riding?

I'm on your list for a tank bag, as well as other accessories. Hopefully the bikes can attract some aftermarket support, quickly, so the bike can be all things to all people as much as possible...insuring sales are reaching potential, and you guys get $ rewarded, and can continue to support and import this bike, and more, maybe a 450 someday, and a 125 as well, for my Grandson to ride with me and my son on an adventure! (Lots of smaller riders, especially women would want a 125, especially with a Grom type engine, efi'ed and capable of 65-70mph (stock). Also great beginner bike, for teens or others on a really tight budget. 125's ROCKED when I was legal motorcycle age, though I went from a Gaucho 50 (suzuki) to a 185 Suzuki. All my friends had 125's, either SUzuki's or Yamaha's. Great and very capable DS. Though who knew, we just did it out of necessity.
Great fun and memories, though. AAnd why I'm buying this bike, and want my son and Grandson to have the chance to experience the adventures as well, while I can teach them what I've learned.
ANyway, Thanks, Joe. Continued G/L with your venture(s).