View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 03:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Man I hate that. Sometimes I really can't believe the things people do...

Most are more knowledgeable here than me, but I believe there is a centrifugal oil filter that is accessed by removing the right engine cover. Maybe this video will help:

Seriously. I was going to give that shop hell but with them being in Cali, there's not much I can do. Thanks for the video. I will do this tomorrow
[QUOTE=BlackBike;234131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95C1500 View Post

Is that even fresh oil?
PO said he changed it a few days before I bought it so.... who knows. It doesn't look like it to me but the guy I bought it from has been very straight forward with me about everyting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobnd16 View Post
The person that sold you the bike is a POS !!! I am not a mechanic and not sure if this will work ??? Run alittle diesel fuel mixed with Rotella 15w-40 to clean the engine out a few times . Don't ride the bike , just to flush the engine out . Get the engine hot , drain , clean the filter , and do it again. This should flush the engine from the plastic that is in the engine .I hope this helps !!!
IF NOT GO TO THE PERSON THAT SOLD YOU BIKE AND KICK HIM IN THE SACK!!!
The person who sold me this bike is a nice guy. It's the shop that "did the work" that needs a nice kick in the sack lol. I'll open it up tomorrow and see what it looks like