View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #45

At this point I'm so bolts and nuts deep into this project, I can't see anything else when I'm falling asleep but fuel tables and wiring harnesses. I have no idea what the future will provide me as a project.

I decided to use the shifter arm that came with the 125 engine. The one that came with the 190 was poorly welded and just waiting to break off when I'm 50 miles from home or a hardware store. I may keep it with the bike as a roadside-backup, it's pretty small and lightweight, why not? The shifter that was on the 125 is also about 1 1/2" shorter than the 190's. If I have to put too much effort into the shifts because of the lower MA, I'll just buy a new one off of ebay.

I wanted to know how much all of the stuff I've taken off of the bike weighed and compare the exhaust that I'm hopefully going to be installing in its place. By my hasty calculations, everything I've taken off weighs about 15 lbs and the new exhaust weighs about 4 lbs, so a net bike weight loss of about 11 lbs! Unfortunately, thanks to a new medicine I've been prescribed, I've gained more than that over the last ~6 months. Time to go back on a diet. Maybe.

The silicone on the MAP/IAT/TPS sensor still hasn't fully cured, and probably won't for a few more days; I think I went over the maximum recommended thickness by a factor of at least 2 or 3.

The short section of heavy-gauge wire I found turned out to be too short, so I had to substitute a ground wire previously used on an amplifier. It's 12 gauge, so more than enough to return the power used by one of the relays and the ignition coil.

Not much else to say for tonight...
Attached Images