View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #11

Not to revive a old thread but I just picked up a TaoTao hellcat 125, got 245 miles on it so far. Getting ready to change the oil on it, runs pretty smooth. Had to trim the throttle tube a little to get the idle low enough, due to cheap controls holding the tube. Still need to go through the bike with red loctite on motor mount bolts and major bolts. Probably replace the motor mount bolts with stronger ones. I have to tighten up the steering stem nut and cap bolt to, little movement in the steering stem, just someone slacking when it was assembled at the dealer I guess. Other then that little bit of vibration due to loose stuff, should smooth out more after tightening everything. I'm happy with it so far. Plan on a mikuni carb kit and exhaust soon and remove the egr stuff. Might look into a piranha motor or something from tboltusa later. Just want to upgrade everything that seems cheap now and the carb and exhaust. Might do some wheelie practice soon if I can get a few nice weather days soon lol.