View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #1

PZ27 vs PZ30 Carb Upgrade

My bike is a 2009 Shineray XY200GY-4, 200cc 4 stroke engine. I dont know which bikes they are the same as but im sure lots of people on here will know.

The original carb fitted to the bike is a SHENG WEY PZ27. While searching around for Shineray parts on ebay, i came across a Mikuni PZ30 carb, which was comfirmed to me, was fitted to 150 to 250cc bikes/quads. So i thought id take the plung and try one out.

First off, heres some pics of the 2 carbs.
PZ27 to the Left, PZ30 to the Right.

PZ27 uses these types of jets, size 40 Slow jet, 86 Main.

PZ30 uses 20 Slow jet, 100 main (standard)

The first noticable difference is that the carb is bigger obviously, which made it a bit harder to fit. The choke levers (not all pictured) were different aswell as mine is cable operated, but the mounting points are same so it was a simple swap over.

Fitting wise, now that ive done it numerous times, this is the easiest way to get it in between the frame. Its best to leave off all the choke stuff to reduce its overall size, or you wont get it in. You can refit it once the carb is seated inside the frame.

Place it into the frame at this angle

Make sure the protruding parts on the right side are under the bracket.

Then you can ease the left side into the corner and past the frame.

Finally, its a simple case of spinning it into position. The best way to do this is to push the carb inlet into the rubber airbox tube, as this is flexable, then line up the outlet flange onto the intake manifold**.

**I have replaced the manifold studs for bolts which are easier to fit in that restricted space. I also cut a slot in the bolt head, this way i could screw them in most of the way with a long flat screwdriver, and tighten with a wrench.

Tuning notes to follow....
New Gfx
New Chain and Sprockets
(re-geared to 17T front 41T Rear)
Custon fab Yamaha 600 Exhaust can.
New mirrors
PZ30 30mm Mikuni Carb