View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
"There's enough DIY info that an LS swap can be done cheaper than a mild SBC build."
The Omega is a 1978 model, so it has no fuel return line to the tank and some of the other stuff that EFI requires. Seems like a lot of extra work. Crossfire EFI, as mentioned above, from an 82 vette would look cool, though.
-You are right that it is cheaper to swap in a healthy used motor than rebuild one.
I have always kinda liked the looks of the Crossfire set up as it was basically an EFI version of the old Crossram carb set up used in the 1st gen Camaro Z28s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
It can be set up to have an intank fuel pressure regulator and negate the need for a return line. That is how most modern vehicles are done. My '01 Ranger is that way and so is my GF's '15 Kia Soul.
It can be but i guess the point that is not getting across is that i am not interested in doing an LS swap in this car. It has become too common and frankly boring. Damn near everyone on the nova site i am on is usually tossing in an LS into their cars. To put it on another point of view..if i wanted an LS powered muscle car i would just go looking for a 4th gen Fbody...which would be cheaper still then doing an LS swap to my Xbody. If i do go through the idea of an engine swap in this car it will either be to a LE9 305, L69 305, 305 TPI, 350, 350 TPI, 350 Crossfire or to a 454 big block with a Fitech EFI system. All the above engines are literally drop in and go. The LS requires special engine mounts, spacers to run the old transmission. Standalone wiring if i want to use an electronic transmission. In some cars it even requires changing out all the front engine accessories to clear the chassis. Hell even a twisted part of my mentality has me wanting to go looking for a 327 to build a nice high RPM street brawler. Granted i could easily get there with the TPI set ups as well.

I would rather pop my hood and see this...

Or this

Instead of this..

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)