View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #8

Well, got them all in, changed out everything I mentioned before and took them on first rides. Initial impressions were that these were quite high-geared and would fly if you wanted them to. However they were definitely not for climbing much of anything or rough trails. I believe gearing them down will help a long ways towards resolving that. I did run into issues with the mikuni carbs and jetting. Eventually got 1 to work with the mikuni, and the other 3 with stock carbs. Not really noticing a huge difference thus far, with all 4 running fine over the last few weeks. May or may not revisit the mikuni carbs on these. I did replace the stock lights with ones listed on the other rhino threads. Worked amazingly well compared to stock. I think wheel spacers are a must on the rear tires with my kids riding them. I put 3 of the 4 on their side trying to trail ride myself. Overall I'm happy with the taotao rhino's and don't regret the purchase. I think they need more overall fine tuning to get truly great performance out of them with the sprockets, and spacers. After that I think I'll be good to go. Thanks again to those who helped me out and those who took the time to post all the info on the other threads. Was a HUGE help and will be moving forward I'm sure.