View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 07:55 PM   #29

Unrestricted Access to Rear Shock

New user here, I have read the entire post of the Templar X, a lot of it several times. I ordered the Templar X after reading.
Mine has a born on date of June 2023, and they have addressed a few issues noted in earlier posts.
Mine has an intake gasket, it also has a washer between the right side rear axle spacer to make clearance for the brake caliper, so no dragging of the pads.
Removing the carb is a pain, and I followed directions from user Old-Dude to get it out by removing the intake "manifold" and modify it.

When it came time to adjust the shock, I was too impatient to hammer it around one notch at a time. I started to remove the air box and then figured out.
1.Remove the seat and right side panel (if you cut a notch with a razor knife instead of the hole, you don't have to loosen the luggage rack every time you need to remove the panel, I read that somewhere on here and did it).
2.Muffler
3. Crankcase vent from airbox to engine. (I tried both ends, and the engine side is easier to reinstall).
4. Loosen clamp on rear of carburetor to airbox.
5.Remove two allen head screws in the frame and loosen the bolt right behind the gas tank.

Now the entire rear subframe will pivot up and rest on the gas tank.
Battery and all wiring stays in place.

You have unrestricted access to the shock preload adjustment and also a straight shot at the carburetor. I was able to change the jets without (removing the gas tank)....Duh, I meant to say disconnecting the carb cables or fuel line.

Hope someone finds this useful.
Attached Images

Last edited by Leroi; 09-24-2023 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Clarify some task steps