View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ss View Post
I will give you my opinion.

I bought the Hawk because it is priced as a throw away bike. I am not afraid to break something on it because parts are available all over Ebay and this forum is so helpful. The most I had done on my car was change my oil and change my rotors/pads. with this bike I have adjusted the valves and swapped spark plugs. Swapped the front sprocket and chain as well as other random items.

I put the hawk together over the course of two evenings. I spent ~$400 in mods and my total price is still under $1900. While I did look at the TT250 I couldn't justify spending the extra money.

I do believe CSC has said they will arrange to pay a local shop to do any warranty work you don't feel comfortable doing during the warranty period on the TT250. Also CSC has a good reputation for customer service.

With the Hawk I got a blinker module sent to me when it failed but that was a cheap part. If I needed something expensive I am not 100% sure I would have been as successful.

yea im definitely sticking with the HAWK (if i man up and buy it, ha.) i can not afford to really go any higher than that. I live in OHIO and the weather is never the greatest and i would only get about 2-3 months worth of good riding a year. so anything over my price range just isnt worth it to me. Im young still and cant afford to have another monthly payment, paying off a 3k bike. im just worried about the registration now more than building the thing. the street is really my only option and im not too worried about driving through my neighborhood on an unregistered bike while im learning. but eventually i want to ride it though the country parts and up to the beach & stuff, doing that on an unreg. bike is too risky for me