View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 01:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Yah, the old stuff had its drawbacks regarding the brittle plastic and rubber quality. The welds also looked like someone "snot-rocketed" them onto the frame. That said, the engines have always been very reliable. As you said, "You got what you paid for".

2024? IF I was going to buy another new CB, and it was all legal here in CA, I'd say the Templar would probably be it. Reality is though, living here, we still have few options for road legal China bikes. It's why we bought the CSC's.
I agree on the quality concerns, except the welds. That is unless you're only referring to welds on older China bikes.

The welds on the frame of my TT250 are some of the nicest looking welds I've seen on a mass produced motorcycle frame (semi-bespoke stuff excluded). That doesn't necessarily speak to their strength, but the welds on my bike are sure pretty for what I assume are robot welds.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.