View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #610

Thumbs Up First post, and general Howd'ya do.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the entertainment in this thread. I see you folks are quite anxious for your TT250s! I found you guys from Spud advertising in a CSC thread on ADVrider about his forum here.

A little about me -- I have an R1200GS that I ride in the woods. I'm a big guy, 6'2, ~275 (depends on lunch, really) -- I just put on some Anakee Wilds on my GS for this season, but every time I bring the big girl in the woods, I nearly lay it down, and it's such a monster to hold up in off camber situations, I started considering getting a smaller bike, in addition. I love exploring dirt roads, fire roads, often turning into single track, often rocky, often muddy nonsense.

Well, I threw my legs over some honda 250s, 450s, etc -- Just looking. I look at the price and say I can do a lot of repairs to my big girl for that kind of money... but it's still the weight issue...

So, I ended up googling something like "best dual sport bike" on 4/20 or something and I found revzilla had an article about the TT250 for like $1895 -- I thought, perfect! Sounds exactly what I need for a 2nd bike -- way nicer than spending $6k just to putter around a bit with something smaller. After reading that article, I read about the RX3 -- Clearly, I had heard about these backwards as the RX3 was already in the states, officially last year! After reading those reviews, I was really tempted to dump my GS and buy one! Luckily, I came to my senses. Selling bikes leads to the dark side. (Sorry, it is may 4th...)

I showed it to my wife, her first words were "How big is the engine? What do you mean it's only a 250!?" -- I then tried to explain to her about proper gearing, that we don't need to do 134mph on my GS even though the gearing would let it do so! She still wasn't amused by the thought. Then, I told her maybe I'll buy her one. Ladies often do like to receive gifts!

I scheduled a meeting on 4/25 with one of the folks that signed up for the affiliates program just over an hour from my house. I just wanted to see with my own eyes if what I was reading EVERYWHERE was true -- Chinese, with some sort of craftsmanship?!

Sure enough, I really couldn't fault the RX3 at all. I dragged the wife to come see it with me. She really did like it, and now kinda got excited about it. It wasn't tiny, and the guy who owned it was a tall guy, not a little guy that couldn't ride a GS... My wife won't ride my GS because it's just too big.

My thoughts...

Are the bags tiny? Of course. Is it a 200mph motorcycle? Of course not. Is it a great little scoot around for the pricetag? Sure as hell is! In my opinion, the RX3 is a Good bike at $6-7k, and a GREAT bike around the $4k mark.

So, I really liked that little RX3, but my needs were really more for the woods, so the TT250 seemed a better choice. But... I really dig the RX3 as well... Decisions, Decisions.

So, I made the only reasonable choice, I bought both. The wife can ride the RX3, and I'll just choose which I want to ride, the TT or the GS. Order #3601 and 3602 on 4/26, for those keeping score, or whatever.

Thankfully, this week is cold and rainy here in CT, so I'm not itching to go ride so much, but I can't say that I'm not excited for BOTH bikes!

Dave aka Ghan
Northeastern CT