View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 04:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Try thoroughly cleaning the entire area behind the front sprocket with brake or contact cleaner, and then start and run the bike, keeping a close eye on the oil seal behind the sprocket. As stated above, if the crankcase is overfilled, the pressure buildup will push the excess oil out at the weakest point - usually a seal, be it the sprocket, shift shaft, or kickstarter.
Hey , that has happened before, an over filling issue. Before i start disassembling anything i will clean it up and start bike to see if i can be certain on where the leak is coming from. I have already disconnected the stator but its a simple reconnection.

Let me also mention most of the time when the bike suffered heavy vibration from a high rpm idle the bike was on the leaning stand/ both wheels planted - this time when it leaked it was on the center stand with the rear wheel off the ground and it vibrated so rough it made the rear wheel spin, chain rotating and everything - i wonder if that had something to do with it since there was on weighted stress in that area . A little on the front tire and the rest on the center stand. Im going to investigate later in the morning, thanks so far for your input so far @dirtbkr188 and @J4Fun def appreciate it