View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #4

I removed the second fork from the bike, and performed the same maintenance procedures on it. I completed the job more quickly now that I understood the construction of the Zongshen forks.

I re-installed both forks in the triple tree, and lightly tightened a single pinch bolt on each side of the bottom of the triple tree. Next I inserted the front axle in both forks to ensure the forks were aligned, and I would be able to re-install the front wheel. If the front axle doesn't install easily, loosen one of the pinch bolts and get the forks aligned before you tighten them into position.

Once the forks were aligned, I applied some red loctite to the lower pinch bolts, and torqued them to 24 foot pounds. Then I tightened the fork caps, applied red loctite to the upper pinch bolts, and torqued them to 20 foot pounds.

After re-installing the front wheel, I lowered the bike from the jack, and the job was completed. Since the sun was setting, I stored the bike for the evening, and cleaned up my work area.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894