View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 04:37 PM   #1

OBD connection to the RX3

First off I have to thank Katflap for his original information and links to PCHud software, advice and encouragement. I've been off the forum for a while but after having some free time this week I've taken to tinkering with my RX3 again. Had some exciting results to share with you guys. The only piece of equipment I had to make was a lead to connect to the K-Line on our bikes diagnostic port. I used a 16 pin car type OBD2 extension lead cutting off the one end and finding the three wires needed to connect to our bike. So far I've been able to connect a handheld diagnostic scanner direct with the lead but most exciting of all by using an ELM OBD Scan wifi interface attached to my lead I've been able to connect to my phone and tablet, trials with OBD Fusion software on the tablet I was able to read for faults (none found) but the fun part is I can build a 'dash board' to read from the bike data. Now I'm using a phone for navigation on the bike so will be experimenting with available software now for diagnostics and dashboard displays over the elm obd wifi interface on it.... be good to be able to monitor the bikes ecu on the go.
Also I've been able to get PCHud running on my Windows 10 64bit laptop by installing VMWare player and a copy of win xp 32bit in a virtual player. I connected to my bike using my homemade OBD 16 pin to three wire adaptor plugged into a cheap ebay VAG KKL USB OBD lead. I've added some pics of the leads I have used and hopefully tomorrow take some pics of my devices connected to the bike displaying it's live data.
Exciting times :-)
Attached Images