View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 06:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
it coulda been worse. it could have been the black water tank.
Finally. Finally, getting some action getting the trailer repaired. The insurance adjuster was getting ghosted by the estimator from where we bought the trailer. The adjuster asked me if I could call the guy and try. I called and left a message. The estimator called back a few hours later and had no idea what I was talking about. I gave the guy all the pertinent info and he said he'd need to research it and would call me back. I then called the adjuster for copies of the emails between him and the estimator.

Today was 22 days without a response from the estimator. I called the owner of the dealership today and laid it out that we paid $26K cash for the trailer, and yes, it was my fault it's damaged, but we have been waiting 2 months to get the trailer estimated and repaired. His estimator has been promising to get back to both the adjuster AND me but has yet to respond. I provided dates and times of my calls and offered to send over copies of the emails from the adjuster. The owner said that he remembered me and the copies wouldn't be necessary. Then asked if I could hold on the line for a minute. That minute was less than 15 seconds. He had the service manager on speaker and asked me to tell the service manager what I told him. The service manager said okay and thank you, then left the bosses office. The owner apologized ten ways from Sunday and said he'd straighten out this mess.

Not thirty minutes later, both the adjuster and I had an email with an estimate to repair the trailer. I wanted to put my two cents in but decided I'd just let the adjuster do his job and keep my mouth shut. Another half hour later and the adjuster has responded, so things are finally happening.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts